19-year-old journalist disappears in southeast Mexico
Journalists from several media outlets in Veracruz accompanied the family to denounce the disappearance and demand an investigation to find the journalist alive, reported the newspaper Notiver, where two journalists were killed this year.
The mayor of the neighboring city of Oluta, Fernando Kuri Kuri, owns the newspaper El Mañanero but the disappeared journalist's family claims he has not cooperated with the investigation to find the 19-year-old, according to the newspaper El Diario del Sur.
- Pro-Chávez hackers strike again, tweeting the "death" of opposition news editor
- Sanctions against independent media continue as Supercom marks 2 years in Ecuador
- Freedom of the press and the Internet in Venezuela fell in 2012: Freedom House
- 13 lessons from ISOJ to innovate journalism according to the blog #nohacefaltapapel
- Plaza Pública: In-depth, nonprofit news site in Guatemala tackles taboo themes (Interview)