Guatemalan TV reporter injured during student protest
A Guatemalan TV reporter was injured while covering the eviction of university student protesters, reported the news agency AFP.
The student protesters threw rocks and home-made bombs at police, who were attempting to evict protesters blocking a main road in Guatemala City, according to TeleSur. The students were protesting changes at the public University of San Carlos. During the conflict, journalist Alberto Cardona, of TV station Guatevisión, was injured in his left leg, according to the Center for Informative Reports of Guatemala (Cerigua).
- Plaza Pública: In-depth, nonprofit news site in Guatemala tackles taboo themes (Interview)
- Knight Center and Google’s MOOC concludes with hundreds of journalism projects for the web
- Argentine government announces it will withdraw shares in state-owned Telesur that broadcasts from Venezuela
- ISOJ conference to cover main issues of digital journalism, from industry’s disruption to mobile revolution
- Environment of fear affects electoral coverage in Guatemala