Yahoo creates news network of freelancers
Yahoo is no longer going to be just a news aggregator. This week Yahoo is launching a news network with original, exclusive content, reported USA Today.
The Yahoo Contributor Network will use the work of 400,000 freelance writers, photographers and videographers from a firm called Associated Content that Yahoo bought in May, USA Today explained. While previously the Associated Content stories were sold to Reuters, Scripps, and other news outlets, now the work will appear only on Yahoo websites.
Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz said this new platform will "bring the people's voice to Yahoo."
Other Related Headlines:
» Columbia Journalism Review (In Demand: A week inside the future of journalism)
» CNN (Yahoo to expand its blog network)
- Brazilian bloggers will soon be able to join Yahoo! Contributors Network
- Yahoo news blog turning most-popular searches into stories
- AP allows its stories to reappear on Google News
- ABC News, Yahoo News form alliance to share online content
- Some U.S. newspapers shifting content based on Internet traffic