Yahoo creates news network of freelancers
Yahoo is no longer going to be just a news aggregator. This week Yahoo is launching a news network with original, exclusive content, reported USA Today.
The Yahoo Contributor Network will use the work of 400,000 freelance writers, photographers and videographers from a firm called Associated Content that Yahoo bought in May, USA Today explained. While previously the Associated Content stories were sold to Reuters, Scripps, and other news outlets, now the work will appear only on Yahoo websites.
Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz said this new platform will "bring the people's voice to Yahoo."
Other Related Headlines:
» Columbia Journalism Review (In Demand: A week inside the future of journalism)
» CNN (Yahoo to expand its blog network)
- 13 lessons from ISOJ to innovate journalism according to the blog #nohacefaltapapel
- How to use Facebook Live for journalism and improve user engagement: Lessons from Spanish-language media
- With short videos, less text and a lot of humor, Latin American sites are looking for the formula to attract millennials
- The bet on fact checking: journalists create more initiatives to verify public discourse and reveal false news
- Plaza Pública: In-depth, nonprofit news site in Guatemala tackles taboo themes (Interview)