Strangers burn motorcycle of Colombian radio reporter who covered corruption
Two individuals set on fire the motorcycle of journalist Alberto Caballero Parejo, owner of the community radio station Innovación Estéreo (Innovation Stereo) in Ciéanaga, reported El Informador. Neighbors warned the journalist and helped him to put out the fire.
Caballero Parejo called the attack an act of intimidation, as the journalist has reported on irregularities in the management of public funds, explained El Heraldo.
"It's not the material, that is not worth anything," said the journalist about the damage to his motorcycle. "It's the message they are trying to send me.”
- Colombian journalist survives assassination attempt
- Paraguayan journalists union denounces censorship and threats against broadcaster
- Colombian journalist who witnessed corruption cases is killed; crimes against press soar
- Colombian journalist shot in leg while covering riots
- Third Honduran journalist killed in less than two months