Strangers burn motorcycle of Colombian radio reporter who covered corruption
Two individuals set on fire the motorcycle of journalist Alberto Caballero Parejo, owner of the community radio station Innovación Estéreo (Innovation Stereo) in Ciéanaga, reported El Informador. Neighbors warned the journalist and helped him to put out the fire.
Caballero Parejo called the attack an act of intimidation, as the journalist has reported on irregularities in the management of public funds, explained El Heraldo.
"It's not the material, that is not worth anything," said the journalist about the damage to his motorcycle. "It's the message they are trying to send me.”
- Mexican reporter Marcela Turati calls on U.S. journalists to investigate trafficking networks north of the border
- Latin American public media search for successful funding models (Second article of the series)
- Another media company critical of the Venezuelan government is sold: Spanish investors buy El Universal
- Mexico and Brazil among the deadliest countries for journalists in 2016, according to CPJ
- 13 lessons from ISOJ to innovate journalism according to the blog #nohacefaltapapel