Knight Center to hold Fourth Ibero-American Colloquium on Digital Journalism
Journalists, academics, and media executives from a dozen countries in Latin America, Spain and Portugal will attend the Fourth Ibero-American Colloquium on Digital Journalism on April 3, 2011, at the University of Texas at Austin.
Discussions will focus on trends of online journalism in Latin America and the Iberian Peninsula, including newest uses of social media.
“Latin America has one of the most dynamic Internet markets. It has been growing very fast and is especially active in social media,” said Rosental Alves, the Knight Chair in International Journalism and the director of the Knight Center for Journalism in the Americas.
“This year, the Colloquium will pay special attention to social media and journalism—the initiatives that have been flourishing in Latin America and that are in social media by the press.”
A few of the participants and countries represented include:
*Camila Marques, editor of Folha.com, São Paulo, Brazil
*Elizabeth Saad, professor, University of São Paulo, Brazil
*Lyudmyla Yezers'ka, University of Piura, Peru
*Demián A. Magallán, El Universal, Mexico
*Alejandro Cárdenas, El Universal, Mexico
*Margarita Funes, La Prensa Gráfica, El Salvador
*Eduardo Meditsch, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
*Rita Colaço, Radio Antena 1, Portugal
*Miguel Wiñazki, Clarín, Argentina
*Gustavo Gorriti, IDL Reporteros, Peru
*Irma Portos Pérez, UNAM, Mexico
*Filipe Fortes, Treesaver, USA
*Karelia Vázquez, John S. Knight Fellowships, Cuba and Spain
*Márion Strecker, UOL, Brazil
*Nuno Vargas, Agencia LUSA, Portugal
*Jose Carrera, Univision 45 Houston, USA
*Bruno Monteiro, UOL, Brazil.
- Ibero-American communicators to meet at digital journalism colloquium
- Journalists analyze digital journalism trends and challenges at 3rd Ibero-American Colloquium
- Twitter, mobile platfoms and online reader participation among challenges and innovations discussed at Ibero-American Colloquium
- Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking journalists to discuss digital journalism at 5th Ibero-American Colloquium
- International Symposium on Online Journalism streaming live April 1–2