Community radio journalist attacked during robbery while on the air in Brazil
A radio broadcaster was attacked live on the air by an assailant who invaded the studios of community radio station CS FM in the Brazilian city of Canoas in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, reported G1.
The journalist, Dari Silva de Oliveira, was beaten while trying to prevent the theft, which occurred the afternoon of Dec. 28. According to Uol, besides the attack, the assailant, recognized by police as a homeless man, stole equipment worth roughly $1,069.
The incident was caught on tape by the station's cameras, according to Agência Estado.
- How to use Facebook Live for journalism and improve user engagement: Lessons from Spanish-language media
- Plaza Pública: In-depth, nonprofit news site in Guatemala tackles taboo themes (Interview)
- ISOJ conference to cover main issues of digital journalism, from industry’s disruption to mobile revolution
- Ecuadoran government's offensive threatens the OAS's Special Rapporteur for Freedom of Expression
- Mexican journalists rally for protections after colleague beaten in newsroom