Community radio journalist attacked during robbery while on the air in Brazil
A radio broadcaster was attacked live on the air by an assailant who invaded the studios of community radio station CS FM in the Brazilian city of Canoas in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, reported G1.
The journalist, Dari Silva de Oliveira, was beaten while trying to prevent the theft, which occurred the afternoon of Dec. 28. According to Uol, besides the attack, the assailant, recognized by police as a homeless man, stole equipment worth roughly $1,069.
The incident was caught on tape by the station's cameras, according to Agência Estado.
- Community radio tower is destroyed in Brazil, forcing station off the air
- Brazilian community radio director tries to stab rival host on air
- Arson destroys Brazilian community radio equipment
- TV journalist attacked while covering traffic accident in Brazil
- President of community radio station shot in leg in Honduras