Deadline approaching for U.S. college students to submit video PSA for press freedom contest
Reporters Without Borders and CNN have teamed up to sponsor a student video contest about press freedom. Students from any U.S. university are eligible to submit a video PSA answering the question “Why should we care about freedom of information?” or "Why should we care about press freedom?"
Videos, which can be up to 50 seconds long, must be submitted by March 19. See here for more complete rules.
The winning video will be selected in April, and will air on CNN on May 3, World Press Freedom Day. Winners will be flown to New York to attend a May 3 celebration.
- Plaza Pública: In-depth, nonprofit news site in Guatemala tackles taboo themes (Interview)
- 13 lessons from ISOJ to innovate journalism according to the blog #nohacefaltapapel
- Reporters Without Borders and CNN launch press freedom video contest for U.S. college students
- How to use Facebook Live for journalism and improve user engagement: Lessons from Spanish-language media
- Mexican reporter Marcela Turati calls on U.S. journalists to investigate trafficking networks north of the border